Birthday celebrations are officially done. My little 9 year-old is upstairs as I type, snoozing the night away. I am officially the mom of a 7, 9, and 11 year old. Wow. I remember thinking this day was SO far away when they were 1, 3, and 5. And yet, here we are. My little life of the party baby who always could dance or sing at a moments notice as a little girl is growing into this sweet, caring, and crazy-fun person. She is tough on the outside and tender hearted on the inside. She acts like nothing phases her and then I find her upset about something she has said or done and is feeling guilty about. Praise the Lord for that. May that stick with her into her adult years. Love her crazy personality that will serve her so well in the future, if channeled in the right direction. And we are doing all we can to channel it in the right direction. Trust me. ;)
I feel like we have gotten so close in the past 5 weeks. Really close. That makes me so incredible happy since I wasn't sure where this homeschooling journey may take us. She is my buddy this year. She forces me to be silly and not so rough around the edges. I love her for that. She can see something good in anything. And, can usually find something to laugh at all day long. And I in turn have laughed more in these 5 weeks with her than in a long time. If we accomplish nothing else this year in our endeavor, it's that we have laughed and giggled our way through 3rd grade.
So happy birthday to my dc weesie. I love you so very much. You fill this house with giggles and crazy ideas at the oddest times of the day. I learned early on in your life that the word "routine" pretty much meant nothing to you, and we have adjusted accordingly. And have gone on "bear hunts" at the crack of dawn, ice cream runs super late at night, and moved the furniture in your room so many times I no longer hang your pictures with nails anymore. So excited to be part of your little life and see where all your "bear hunts" take you as you grow.....happily along for the ride.
