Sunday, July 18, 2010

Girls Day Out


Grace and I spent a much needed afternoon together today. After church, she and I had a "girls day out". I let her plan the day which started at her favorite spot for lunch (Osaka 21) followed by a trip to Target to peruse the isles of the journal and paper good section. SO my child. I could spend hours looking at office supplies and cute journals and paper. So we picked out the perfect spiral and then shopped for some school supplies. We had a great time, and it was needed. Grace is the one child that really needs the one on one time. Is it because she is the middle-child? Maybe, but one of her top love languages is quality time, and when she doesn't get enough it shows in every area of her life. So we drank Coke, had LOTS of fried rice, and talked about some stuff that has been on her mind for a little bit. Stuff that would have eventually come up on its own, but I'm glad we got to talk about it today.....just her and I.....on our "girls day out". Love you Gracie girl!!