Friday, September 25, 2009

Yummy treats

Grace and I made these yummy birthday treats for her class this week. Went a little wild on the sprinkles...but she decorated and I stepped back. Hard for this Type A personality to do, but I managed. :) They were SO yummy, and super easy! Grace loves to help me in the kitchen, especially when it involves baking. I try to let her help as much as I can, and focus on the fun memories we can create together. Not if dinner gets in the oven by a certain time, or how messy the kitchen becomes with extra little hands. I'm learning as we go, and so is she. Every receipe we make together I am putting in a little photo album with the receipe, picture of her, and any fun memories. Someday she will have that to look back on when she becomes a mommy and hopefully can try these fun receipes together with her children. Obviously not something she will be packing on her way to college, but something I will save until she is older and then pull out for her. Trying to make the most of these little moments even if they are just hanging out in the kitchen.