Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bend

The trees here in Louisiana are so cool. This state lives in a constant state of moisture. It is always wet, and therefore...really green. And trees love that type of climate. Lots of pine trees, but my favorites are the live oaks that have the moss hanging from them. So bayou, backwoods, and swampy. Love it. And the moss blows in the wind and looks so peaceful. Going wherever the wind takes it. I have a run on the bike path I do that goes for 9 miles. 9 miles of live oaks blowing back and forth. A constant reminder of God's beauty and a good reminder to bend. Less resistance and more flowing. Why is change so hard sometimes? I should be really, really used to it by now....but I still stare it down with resistance most of the time. 2012 is showing itself to be a bit of a crazy year with jobs and stability and quite possibly....gulp...change. I sometimes find the whole setting of goals and words of the year a little "cheesy", but then there are times I think it just works. It just fits. And my goal this year is to bend more. Be the willow not the oak. Go with the flow. Take it easy.

But, I'm finding as the years tick by that so much of life is unknown. Way more than I'd like, whether I like it or not. I have to remember to keep my priorities in line. Control what I can, and let go of the rest. Not good or healthy to take all that on. I've tried, and it hasn't worked so well for me. So this is the year of bending. Bending is going to be my middle name. I'm going to try my hardest to leave all the planning and figuring out to the person I know can handle it. Way better than I ever could. God will provide. He always has. His strength is perfected in my weakness. So I'm going to try and chill more. Try. I stink at it. But, I'm going to give it a shot and see where it takes me. Hopefully it takes me down the 9-mile bike path loop, and allows me to enjoy the things in life that God puts in my path to show me he knows me, loves me, and knows what's good for me.