Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Jackers
How much do we love this sweet dog?! I still have to pinch myself that he is ours. He is obedient, doesn't shed, only barks when the UPS man rings the bell, and follows us all over the house so he can sit with us. And he totally came that way almost 3 years ago when we adopted him from a sweet woman who lived on a farm in Illinois. She couldn't keep Jack since her husband had died and was moving into an apartment. One of the best decisions we've ever made. He came to us and we were so unsure at first, and then by day 2 we were all totally in love with this dog. Even daddy. ;)
Caleb loves this dog so very much. Every night Jack comes in Caleb's room as we start the bedtime process. It almost always involves Drew and I shepherding children into bathroom to brush teeth and then high five each other as we go from room to room to read, pray, and discuss life's questions that can involve anything from "do animals really talk", to "Savannah knows I think she is pretty....and I'm SO embarrassed". And through it all, Jack chills on Caleb's bed and snuggles with him. I love that. I love that this dog is teaching Caleb about so much more than just all the "chores" that revolve around a dog. He is making a friend for life. I love hearing him talking to Jack at night about whatever is on his mind. It totally melts my heart. Not sure if we will ever have a dog like this again, and might I add that I wish dogs could live as long as humans. We are going to be one sad family when Jack leaves us someday. But for now, we are so thankful for this furry little sheep that has totally stolen our hearts. Here is to many more wagon rides through the neighborhood. We love you Jack-Jack.