Saturday, May 28, 2011

The End

The only picture I took of the last day of school. Nice.

So it's done. Officially. The school year is O-V-E-R. And not a moment too soon. This momma's brain is fried and ready for a break. Yesterday we spent our first day of summer chillin' like a villan. We ALL slept in, woke up to a leisurely breakfast, layed around, and then got dressed for the POOL! Not once did I have to say..."Hurry up", "We are leaving in 3 minutes", "Where are your shoes?", "Brush your teeth", or "Yes, Grace you have to wear shorts under your jumper."

The club I work out at has lots of pools with waterslides, so you can imagine that is where my children will be wanting to go this summer. And, it forces me to work-out. Win-win. So we hit the pool and the kids swam and swam and swam. They only emerged long enough to stuff their little faces with lunch, and they were back at it. I actually got to almost finish Water For Elephants, which I have been trying to read for 3 weeks. Can not wait to chip away at my list of "must reads" for the summer.

I know by July I'll be craving the routine school can offer, but for today....we are all giddy with the thought there is nothing we HAVE to accomplish or do, other than swim and take a shower. Happy Summer!!