In less than 24 hours I will be on my way to Chicago for the marathon. This picture is from last year...and gives me a little anxiety when I look at it! I'm ready, I hope. I've done the best I can to train and now I just need to run it. I won't have my partner in crime (Kate the Great!) running it with me this year, so it may get a little lonely. But, one of my best friends is flying out from Oregon to cheer me on, daddy and the kids are coming up, and a few other friends have mentioned they are going to try and make it. Doing my best to mentally prepare for what lies ahead and not let those little seeds of doubt fill my time. I KNOW I can do this! Marathon day is Sunday the 11th...so if you think of it, say a little prayer for me. The weather is going to be a little chilly and possibly rainy, but last year the temps. were in the 90's by mile 13. We'll see which is worse! Let the journey begin......Friday, October 9, 2009
In less than 24 hours I will be on my way to Chicago for the marathon. This picture is from last year...and gives me a little anxiety when I look at it! I'm ready, I hope. I've done the best I can to train and now I just need to run it. I won't have my partner in crime (Kate the Great!) running it with me this year, so it may get a little lonely. But, one of my best friends is flying out from Oregon to cheer me on, daddy and the kids are coming up, and a few other friends have mentioned they are going to try and make it. Doing my best to mentally prepare for what lies ahead and not let those little seeds of doubt fill my time. I KNOW I can do this! Marathon day is Sunday the 11th...so if you think of it, say a little prayer for me. The weather is going to be a little chilly and possibly rainy, but last year the temps. were in the 90's by mile 13. We'll see which is worse! Let the journey begin......